- Detail Images
When the triathlon bug took a big bite out of you last summer, no one was more surprised than you. But here you are, looking ahead to a summer brimming with weekend races and weekday training schedules, plus a long list of gear to buy. Thank the friend who told you a wetsuit should be high on that list. While you're a capable enough swimmer to survive a sprint distance swim leg, racing sans suit will rarely earn you a spot on the coveted age group podium. Invest in the Zoot Wave 1 Sleeveless Wetsuit to get started, and reap the benefits all season long.
While many of the pro-level athletes you race with will sport full sleeved wetsuits, sacrificing sleeves for extra mobility early in your tri career won't hurt. The Wave 1's Yamamoto rubber and hydrodynamic coatings will help you glide far more efficiently through the water than your bare skin alone, with the lack of sleeves freeing your arms to ease the transition to swimming with a wetsuit. In addition to helping you glide better, the Wave 1's AQUAlift buoyancy panels will also raise your lower half to an ideal swimming position. Often referred to as a "downhill" position, this body position is far easier to maintain with assistance, and maintaining it has a lot to do with shaving those elusive seconds off your time and being able to stay with the lead group in the water.
- Get serious about your swim leg with this entry-level wetsuit
- Yamamoto 38 rubber provides targeted buoyancy in the water
- SCS hydrodynamic finish on chest and thighs for glide
- Yamamoto GLIDEflex maintains mobility and glide
- Nylon lining improves comfort and dries quickly out of water
- DORSALflex zipper helps you move quickly through transition
- Melco tape and spot reinforcements deliver added durability
- Includes gloves to prevent damage when trying on