It's a revolution!
Cold winds and even colder temps will keep those lighter-wetsuit-wearing folks away from the beach, but not you. You get to reap the benefits of the raging storm swells thanks to the XCEL Hawaii Men's Axis X 3/2mm Back-Zip Full Wetsuit. Lightweight and comfortable, this suit uses Limestone Veoprene and a Plush Thermo Lite chest panel to provide exceptional warmth and flexibility so you can surf cool-to-cold ocean waters happily and for hours on end. Taped seams in the lower body and S-Seal outer seam technology in the upper body keep cold waters from rushing in when you duck dive, while the Glide Skin collar and Water Barrier Inner Dam do their best to prevent flushing up top and in the back. And speaking of the back, this model of the Axis X comes equipped with a convenient back entry with water-tight zipper for comfort when paddling out.
- Lightweight, warm, and flexible fullsuit for cooler temps
- Limestone Veoprene delivers warmth and flexibility
- S-Seal seam construction at the upper body prevents body
- Back zip entry makes for easy on-and-off and stays out of the way
- Thermo Lite chest panel defends against wind while offering grip
- XCEL Hawaii was founded in the surfing's mecca with performance at its focus
- Q & A
Detail of chest, back flaps
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
It's been a decade or more since I bought a wetsuit so some of this may be standard features now, but I appreciated the following elements
-extra padding on knees
-tight ankles, wrists, neck as I am used to water pouring in immediately
-extra material on the back between the zipper and skin, similar flap on the chest
-thoughtful neck design as I often get rub there
It was a bit warm for the ~65 degree water I was in, but it was easy to cool down by opening the neck some.
I found the medium to be a bit tight for me, but I am not sure exactly how a wetsuit should fit.