Why We Like The Venture TCS Tire
Among WTB's most versatile drop bar tires, the Venture delivers optimal performance across a wide range of conditions to serve as a truly set-it-and-forget-it gravel tire for riders who demand traction on any surface they ride. Elevated centerline ridges provide consistent working edges that dig in whether hammering up a climb or leaning into a turn. Two rows of outer knobs provide confidence regardless of how hard you’re cornering while also providing substantial sidewall protection. The Venture is the tire of choice when the destination is unknown but you’re sure to encounter a variety of terrain along the way.
- Versatile gravel tire that excels on a wide range of surfaces
- Rounded profile with vertical channels improves cornering grip
- High volume casing provides a comfortable ride on rough roads
- Dual Compound Rubber rolls fast and grips well in any conditions
- Tubeless ready, but can also be run with inner tubes
- Item #WTBF135
- Dual DNA
- 700c x 40mm, 700c x 50mm
- tubeless ready
- 60tpi, [SG2] 120tpi
- [40mm] 30 - 55psi, [50mm] 25 - 45psi
- Claimed Weight
- [700c x 40mm, TCS Light/Fast Rolling] 1lb 3.4oz (551g), [700c x 40mm, Road TCS, tan] 1lb .7oz (472g), [700c x 50mm, Road TCS] 1lb 6.1oz (626g), [700c x 50mm, TCS Light/Fast Rolling] 1lb 7.4oz (662g), [700c x 50mm, Road TCS, tan] 1lb 5.2oz (600g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 4, 2020
Pretty good tire.
- I've put it through the wringer
I have about 1k miles on these (700x40) so far in everything from road riding to super chunky gravel events like Keystone Gravel in PA to smooth and fast gravel in Kansas and Iowa. I run them at 38lbs and I'm ~175lbs. I think I still prefer the Riddlers to these, but I'll definitely run these until they wear out. No problems w/ puncturing any area of the tire. They mount up easily and hold air w/o concern, using Stans fluid. Oh and I'm on the original version, not the new SG2.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com