WTB Trail Boss TCS TriTec Tire - 29in
Select style & size:Select options
- Black, Light/Fast Rolling, Slash Guard, 29x2.4sale $65.95
- Black, Light/Fast Rolling, Slash Guard, 29x2.6sale $65.95
Trail Boss TCS TriTec Tire
On everything from fast and dry singletrack, to loose rocks or wet loam, the Trail Boss TCS TriTec Tire excels as a fast-rolling rear tire for your trail or enduro bike. Pair it with a Vigilante up front and you've got an impressive trail-slaying combo. For hardpack trails, it works well as a front tire too. To improve traction in loose and wet conditions, WTB recently revamped the Trail Boss, giving it a more aggressive tread pattern to match the increased volume of the new 2.4in and 2.6in casings.
The Trail Boss uses medium-height center knobs for rolling efficiency on fast trails, while still providing plenty of traction when you grab the brakes. The height of the side knobs is considerably increased so they can dig deeper in loose corners and off camber terrain, with the tread pattern being spaced further out to improve grip in loose and wet conditions.
The tire is made of WTB's new TriTec compound with triple-density rubber. The base rubber is hardened to improve rolling speed and prevent squirming under load, with medium durometer rubber on the center lugs for longer wear life, and softer rubber on the side lugs to deliver maximum grip and slow rebound while cornering.
The rubber compound is supported by a single-ply casing on the TCS Light versions to save weight, with a dual-ply casing on the TCS Tough versions that better resists flats. That being said, the TCS Light casing sees the addition of a new nylon Slash Guard on the sidewalls, making it no slouch in the puncture protection department.
- Fast-rolling trail & enduro tire for a wide range of conditions
- Pair with a Vigilante up front for success in dry, loose, & damp
- Designed as a rear tire but works well as a front for hardpack
- Revamped compound optimizes grip and rolling speed
- Light casing is single-ply to save weight
- Tough casing is dual-ply for better puncture protection
- Light casing sees additional sidewall protection to resist flats