Smooth like butter.
Your tippet, knots, and reel will be put to the test the moment a 20-inch trout takes your fly. The Wetfly Nitrogen2 Fly Reel was designed with a cork drag system that provides a smooth startup inertia to protect the lightweight tippet you need to fish with to deliver an accurate presentation to selective trout. And when that trout doubles back and swims straight towards your feet, the Nitrogen's large arbor delivers the quick retrieval rate necessary to keep tension on the line so that fish doesn't spit your fly.
- A dependable reel suited for a variety of fishing scenarios
- Cork disc drag with smooth startup inertia for protecting line
- Machined from bar-stock aluminum for a light and durable feel
- Large arbor provides a high retrieval rate when battling fish
- Quick-release spool with left- or right-handed retrieval
Awesome Line Holder
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've used this reel for just over a year now. Does everything I ask. From catching townie trout, goldens high in the wilderness, and hogs down in the central part of my state. It has been a great reel. And durable, I'm pretty hard on my equipment, and this is faring well.