Volkl Katana 108 Ski
- 170cm, 177cm, 184cm, 191cm
- 146 / 108 / 129mm
- Turn Radius:
- [170cm] 30 / 16 / 32m, [177cm] 32 / 18 / 36m, [184cm] 34 / 19 / 39m, [191cm] 36 / 21 / 43m
- tip & tail rocker
- full sidewall
- Multi Layer (beech, poplar)
- titanal frame
- P-Tex 2100
- partial twin tip
- Claimed Weight:
- [single, 184cm] 5lb 1.1oz
- Recommended Use:
- all-mountain skiing, freeride/powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- 1 year
Katana 108 Ski
It’s back and it’s better. The burly Volkl Katana makes its comeback this season with upgraded tech to give you a ski that’s just as big and bad, but a bit more nimble and versatile. With the 3D Radius sidecut, titanal frame, and carbon tips you’ll be ripping through chop and powder and enjoying straight line stability while still being able to count on maneuvering the ski through tight turns and long arcs.
- One of Volkl’s most legendary skis returns and is ready to rip
- Tip and tail rocker and wide 108 waist keep ski afloat in powder
- 3D Radius sidecut allows you to flow from long arcs to short turns
- Wood core, Titanal Power Plate hold bindings in tough conditions
- Titanal frame offers stable ride while enhancing turn initiation
- Carbon tips give increased stability and reduce overall weight
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.