Take it to the backside.
You're a cliff-dropping, faceshot-hunting powder fiend and now that the resort's tracked out it's time to explore what the backside has to offer. Slap a pair of Tyrolia AAAmbition 10 AT Bindings on your pow sticks and go earn some freshies. The telescopic tube accommodates a variety of boot lengths, and the multi option climbing aid gives you a range of heel heights to keep your walk up the skinner smooth and efficient. You may not have the lightest backcountry setup in the world, but you'll be stoked to have a solid binding while you're dropping stacks of pillow lines and cruising through steep powder fields.
- An alpine touring binding for exploring the backside
- 3-10 release rating
- Alpine Touring Toe provides excellent safety release
- AT Heel stays out of the way when you're climbing
- Heel risers aid uphill efficiency
- Telescopic tube accommodates different bootsole lengths
Beware - no brakes with these bindings
These may be a great frame AT binding, but as sold here by Backcountry they do not come with brakes. They are a separate $50 add-on. I therefore returned the bindings to Backcountry.com. They do have a good return policy.
Good luck with mutiple boot sizes
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
The heel track needed to run multiple boot sizes is not included. No big deal right? I have the part number. Oh wait you cannot buy that anywhere and no one will order it. Head and Tyrolia customer service won't send one. A product that could be neat ruined by poor product support. Also doesn't come with brakes so factor that in to the cost when considering.
Good thing Backcountry has a great return policy.
|Boot Sole Length||265 - 295mm||295 - 325mm||315 - 345mm|
|Boot Sole Length||270 - 330mm||300 - 360mm|
- How to Measure:
- Use the total sole length of your boot. You'll find this measurement printed on the outer shell of your ski boot.