Hydroventure 2 Trail Running Shoe
When the skies are threatening to open up before you head out for your morning run, make sure to lace up the Topo Athletic Women's Hydroventure Trail Running Shoe. Combining lightweight durability with a waterproof and breathable design, the synthetic upper is bolstered by an eVent membrane for lasting comfort and dry protection out in the elements. The EVA midsole has a flexible rock plate to protect against sharp rocks and roots, while ensuring a smooth and responsive ride. Rounding out this trail shoe is a Vibram rubber outsole with multi-directional lug traction, forefoot flex grooves, and a mud release design to handle all sorts of terrain.
- Waterproof trail shoe for speedy runs on sloppy trails
- eVent membrane provides waterproof protection and breathable comfort
- Vibram Megagrip outsole grips well even on slippery trails
- Updated lugs are generously spaced to shed mud and dirt
- Forefoot rock plate ensures protection on rugged mountain terrain
- Low drop keeps you closer to the trail for a better ground feel
- EVA midsole offers cushioned support and a responsive ride
- Gaiter attachment points let you connect a Topo gaiter
Handles the rain like a champ.
Roomy toe box gives added stability and builds strong feet and ankles. Cushion around Achilles keeps your heel firmly in place.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love this shoe and highly recommend it. 4 Stars because I don't know how they will hold up, yet.
The wide toe box is exceptionally comfy and gives added stability while building strong feet and ankles. It's the widest toes box I've ever worn. It's very waterproof and I think the breathability is good, but I do live in a dryer climate. So, I will test it up in Vancouver BC, in a few weeks and have a better grasp on that.
I like the extra cushion on the heel. It hugs the Achilles and keeps your heel from slipping. Pretty sure this will prevent blistering, but it definitely is comfortable. The cushion is spot on, for trail running. It's not enough for the road, but it's also not meant for the road.
The only issue for me is the sizing. I'm am normally a size 9.0 and got a 9.5 in this style. The 9.0 does fit me in other Topo Design styles, just not this one. And, my right foot is just a tad bigger, so the 9.5 isn't quite perfect for that foot. So, I do recommend going up at least 1/2 a size.