Secure your extra-wide jumping or freeride ski on your tuning bench with the Toko Ski Vise Freeride. The center clamp opens to a massive 155mm width to securely grip wide skis by either sidewall to make tuning and maintenance easier than ever. This three-piece vice set easily attaches to the lip of a table or tuning bench and can be quickly removed and stashed away in bag for travel between mountain events.
- Includes one center vise-clamp that secures the ski at the binding and two end ski stopper holders that secure the tip and tail in place
- Center vise opens up to 155mm so you can clamp down on the sidewalls of wide freeride or jumping skis
- Center vise and tip and tail stoppers secure to a table or bench via clamp screws on the bottom
- Position your ski horizontally for waxing and utilize the notches in the ski stoppers to hold your ski at 90-degrees or 60-degrees for edge tuning
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I had trouble getting the center level with the tip and tail on several surfaces. Had to use my tailgate for a while, then an old wooden table, but after building a work bench i still had to find the perfect spacer to mount the center vise, otherwise the vise would not securely hold the ski in place when scraping or brushing. Expensive to say the least but i wanted something that would work for all my skis, narrow or fat.
I noticed that the center vise sits quite a bit lower (I'd say about 1.5 to 2 inches) than the two end vices making it impossible to clamp my ski into the center vice by the sidewalls of the ski unless I bend the ski downward. I realize that some vices are designed this way so that one would clamp onto the binding instead of the sidewall but given that this opens up well beyond any binding one would have, I assume it's supposed to clamp to the sidewall of the ski. Is this normal that one would have to apply pressure to the ski in the middle to clamp it in at the sidewalls, or did I get a defective set? Thanks.
Mine is the same.. Makes me wish i didn't purchase it.
Is it possible to purchase just the center vise? If so how can I order it from Backcountry?
We only sell the Toko Ski Vises as a set. We do not have the center vise available individually. Feel free to contact me directly with any further ski-related questions.