Built for the steep and deep.
Heli skiing through Alaska or touring through the deep pow of the Sawtooth Mountains calls for The North Face's Summit L5 GTX Pro Bib for protection in the steep and deep. Part of the Summit Series, this bib is made with three-layer Gore-Tex to give you durable protection against the extreme conditions you prefer. The material is waterproof and windproof, so it can withstand wet, heavy snow while still remaining breathable to help regulate your body temperature. The low-profile bib, suspenders, and ankle gaiters help keep out chest-deep powder and gusting summit winds. Side zips located on the bib allow for easy removal, while the nine-inch ankle gussets support an easy transition to your beloved down booties at the end of the day.
- Full-coverage bibs for skiing or snowboarding in the backcountry
- Gore-Tex gives superior wind and waterproof protection
- Durable material is breathable to regulate body heat
- Low-profile bib and suspenders protect against weather drift
- Articulate knees gives more flexibility when bootpacking
- Durable ankle gaiters and gussets seal out weather
- Summit Series designed by The North Faces elite athletes
- Q & A
These feel really light weight but I never got them to the slopes. The back is as low as a normal ski pant. It never occurred to me that bibs would only be high in the front. Sort of defeats the purpose for me. Maybe they will stick a pick of the back up for future purchasers.