The mountain is your tuning bench.
So it hasn't snowed in weeks, and the skiing is feeling decidedly East Coast. No point in shelling out eighty dollars every time you need edges. The Swix Standard AlpineTool/Wax Kit gives you the power to become your own technician, right on the mountainside. If you find yourself in icy conditions, the file holder tunes the edges to four bevel angles, from 87 to 90, depending on how much you need those edges to dig in. Once your edges are set, if you want to add some speed then the all purpose glide wax is easy to apply, works well in a wide range of snow conditions, and is simple to buff in with the fibertex pad or scrape off with the included 3mm scraper.
- Minimalist tuning kit for self-sufficient skiers and snowboarders
- Glide wax is easy to apply and works well in most conditions
- Four preset bevel angles on edging tool gives you a few options
- Scraper makes it simple to remove melting wax
- Fibertex pad can be used to buff or remove wax, or expose base structure