- Detail Images
Would you like bacon with that?
If you're fairly new to the waves, you'll appreciate the Surftech Takayama Egg Surfboard's forgiving stability as you perfect the paddle-to-stand motions and get used to the feeling of being on a rail. If you're a veteran (shortboard shredder or longboard noserider), you'll notice how simple this board is to ride in the mid-on-mellow, drawn-out waves. Not to mention, when the waves grow and the adrenaline kicks in, you'll also notice how easy it is to step back to the tail.
If you’re not quite ready to “rip and shred” on a short board, nor are you apt to “cruise” on a long board, then the Takayama Egg is the ideal solution. Its “eggy” shape allows you to trim high on the wave in the middle of the board or race down the line on the tail, whichever you prefer, which makes it the board best suited for beginners, all the way to advanced surfers.
Featuring carbon composite construction that's combined with Surftech's fused-cell EPS core, the TL Pro Carbon (TLPC) utilizes a proprietary stringer system that's custom built to each individual board. Strategically positioned carbon reinforcement is laminated over a layer of high-density foam, which strengthens the board while simultaneously creating a lively flex pattern that can only be found in TLPC-based surfboards.
- Stable hybrid board that's perfect for progression
- TL Pro Carbon construction creates strong board with lively flex
- Eggy shape blends stability of longboard and agility of shortboard
- 2+1 fin configuration (fins not included)
- Donald Takayama’s legacy is a combination of the worlds best boards, best surfers, and best waves, making his boards some of the most sought after in the entire surfing world.