- Detail Images
Comfort. And pickle juice.
If there's a single coherent theme defining the Sportful Giau Men's Jersey, it's comfort. Comfort is the name of the game for this jersey, meaning it's not for the hammerfest crit racer—at least, not on the days he's hammering at a crit. But coffee shop noodles, long training rides, recovery spins, and the like are all areas where the Giau's more accommodating cut and focus on comfort shine. Sometimes feeling good in the saddle is more important than looking like a Euro pro, and we find that those times tend to involve green banana halves, mini paper cups of trail mix, and pickle juice shots distributed by volunteers at charity century aid stations.
The jersey's main fabric, a synthetic called Diamante, balances considerations of support, coverage, and barely there weight. Its diamond pattern provides a skeleton of structure to reinforce the fabric, most of which is an airy, lightweight layer that breathes, cools, and feels like it's not even there. This emphasis on cooling is further reinforced by the mesh panel inserts, which up the airflow game even further in areas where the reduced structural support won't impact rider comfort.
- A jersey for comfort across long miles in hot weather
- Materials focus on airy cooling instead of race compression
- Comfortable fit leaves room for mid-ride coffee and pastries
- Raw-edge cuffs and a silicone hem for long-ride comfort
- Sportful's cycling nous encompasses the pro circuit and the weekend recreationalist