Spark Splitboard Skins
Spark R&D made the Spark Splitboard Skins with G3 for the reliable traction that riders trust while backcountry touring. G3's high traction synthetic material glides smoothly and grips snow firmly to optimize performance on slick, steep skin tracks. It also repels water to prevent icing in the middle of a tour. The material may come from G3, but the tailconnector provides convenient innovation that could only come from Spark R&D. It clips both edges of your splitboard's tail for a secure grip, and it allows 10cm of adjustment to stay secure even after it stretches a bit.
- Splitboard skins maximize traction for the slickest ascents
- High-traction nylon provides reliable grip and durable wear
- Refined adhesive for a strong bond between skin and ski
- Tip connectors adjust to your splitboard's angles for a secure fit
- Spark R&D asymmetric tail clips with 10cm of adjustment
- Q & A
Great cutting tool!
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
From the recipient:
After a few days out on these skins I am very satisfied. They trimmed to fit my nitro nomad very easily and cleanly with the provided tool. This pair provided excellent traction. I experienced almost no slippage on steep segments of the skin track. As a trade off, the slide efficiency suffered a bit, but in my opinion that is a small price to pay for the confidence the great traction inspires. Glue bonds very tight.
The only drawback that I have noticed so far is that it can be a bit challenging to get the tip hooks to engage in a way that aligns the skins correctly. Usually takes a few minutes get them on straight.