Sorel Flurry Boot - Boys'
A Sorel classic, the Flurry Kids' Boot is a warm, tough, and straightforward boot that'll crush the sledding hill, hold its own in snowman-building contests, and make snowball fights that much more fun. Like legendary Sorels of old, it has a removable felt lining that traps heat even if it gets a little wet and a bonded felt midsole that prevents the cold from the ground sneaking up into their feet. The upper, made from PU-coated synthetic and sealed with a cuff drawcord, resists water and snow, and the elastic instep strap provides a snug fit without the need for adjustment. A rubber sole with multi-directional lugs serves up a heaping helping of killer grip, and a rubber shell protects pint-sized feet from ice chunks, buried rocks, and the other hazards of winter exploration.
- Snow-day ready boot that's warm and weather-resistant
- Cozy felt lining ensures warmth and comfort in cold weather
- Wind-and-water resistant upper helps protect them from the elements
- Rubber shell offers waterproof protection for their toes
- Lugged outsole provides grip and traction on snowy sidewalks
- Bonded felt midsole prevents the cold from sneaking through
- Drawcord cuff creates a seal against snow and slush
So far so good
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 1
Normally I buy my kids the Kamik rocket boot but tried these since they didn't have the size in stock I needed. So far the initial impressions are that they run a bit small, which I would normally expect a boot to run a little larger.
They are easy for the kids to take on and off which is a plus and the sole seems like it will be nice and grippy for those icy mornings.
The only initial concern I have is that the sole is pretty soft, so hopefully these will be durable enough to make it through a season of tough use. Other than that, great looking and functional boot for the kids.
[purchased a size 1 which is his other shoes (keen) has a little room to grow and in this boot fits about perfectly. Probably would have gone up to a 2 to allow more room to grow if I had it to do over again]