Hailing from Japan, Shoma Takao has grown up in one of the world's hottest snowboarding hot spots—legendary pow and unique urban riding—so it only make sense that his Smokin Shoma Snowboard has all the features to make it as versatile as his riding. Its hybrid rocker profile, medium flex, and true twin shape make for a fun, skate-like ride that glides through the terrain park, and then thrives in the endless powder that Japan is known for.
Starting with an R+ profile, the Shoma's rockered center with raised camber tips keeps you floating over the deep stuff with ease, while still allowing you to press, pop, and spin with unreal control in the park's jump line. Smokin gave the Shoma a VDFLU layup, which is their proprietary composite formula, to keep the board flexing with power and pop, without being overly stiff or noodley. Eco-friendly Pop Gnarley hemp torsion x fibers in the tip and tail help you transfer energy to your contact points for lightning-fast response, while the Three Stage dampening keeps your ride buttery smooth by absorbing chatter and vibration from high speed runs through choppy conditions. Quattro Grip ensures a locked-in edgehold on bulletproof, icy terrain, and the sintered 6000 base is incredibly impact-resistant and ultra-fast to keep you flying over slow and flat spots.
- Mid-flexing, twin freestyle model of Takao Shoma
- Hybrid rocker boasts a versatile performance in pow and park
- True twin shape keeps your switch riding on point
- Lightweight, yet powerful aspen wood core keeps it poppy
- VDFLU ensures a durable, responsive, and stable ride
- Innovative Quattro Grip adds more grip on icy terrain
- Sintered 6000 base is as fast as it is durable