Simms Riprap Sandal - Men's
Select style & size:Select options
- Hickory, 8.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 8.5sale $79.96
- Hickory, 9.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 9.5sale $79.96
- Hickory, 10.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 10.5sale $79.96
- Hickory, 11.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 11.5sale $79.96
- Hickory, 12.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 13.0sale $79.96
- Hickory, 14.0sale $79.96
The Simms Men's Riprap Sandal is a lightweight, nimble sandal for leisurely afternoons spent casting for trout in tiny feeder streams. It's suitable for wading along slippery stream bottoms with its textured, stud-capable rubber sole. Because it employs a rubber bottom, the Riprap won't transport invasives, making it suitable where laws restrict the use of felt-soled footwear.
The open-sided design rapidly drains after leaving the water, meaning you'll be comfortable hiking to your vehicle after fishing all day. It's surprisingly nimble across both land and water, giving you the tactile feedback for retaining balance across rugged trails and slippery streams. To address the need for proper support, the Right Angle footbed is ergonomically contoured for uncompromising wearing comfort.
- Lightweight, nimble sandal for stream wading
- Open sides drain quickly after leaving the water
- Secure bungee closure eliminates dealing with laces
- Rubber sole maintains grip across land and streams
- Stud-capable bottom for traction in slippery scenarios
- Right Angle footbed maintains proper support underfoot
- Based in Bozeman, Montana, Simms is a favorite of pro guides and avid fly fishermen
Good and bad
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Pros: comfortable initially, pretty grippy sole and ability to add cleats
Cons: the trip I bought them for required a fair amount of walking. After getting them wet and walking river side they caused beyond blisters, my feet were literally bleeding. Where the strap comes up from the inner side of the sole just below the ankle they rubbed something fierce. Over a week later I still have scabs.
I suspect with socks they would be fine, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? Back to chacos or tevas for me.
|Simms Boot Size||US MEN||US WOMEN||EU||UK||CM|
- Simms has found that people successfully size their wading boots between their street shoe size and 1 full size larger (for men). If you are a half size, then you should size up to the next full size.