Sore shoulders and bunched-up shirts will be as dead as disco when you have the Sierra Designs Women's Hiking Tank Top With Bra, which sports a built-in bra for support and wide shoulders for comfort under pack straps. Designed expressly for the trail, the Hiking Tank also has chafe-reducing flatlock seams and a wide back so carrying heavy loads isn't any tougher than it has to be, and is thoughtfully decked out with a moisture-wicking, antimicrobial finish and UPF 40 protection to save your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Stretchy polyester blend
- UPF 40 sun protection
- Flatlock seams
- Regular fit
- Q & A
Cute and functional
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XS
I have to first say, kudos to the designers for realizing that products like this are needed! Sierra seems to be the only designer of hiking clothes for women who understands that you don't want to necessarily dress like Grandma or be your boyfriend's twinsie.
Pros: Lightweight, non-pilling fabric, SPF protection, nice venting on the back, attractive slim fit, nice blue color. Like the other reviewer I am 34C but the XS fits me perfectly, provides light support and looks good. It is form-fitting, but not in a cruel, tight way.
Cons - no padding under the straps. I genuinely thought that was what would make it so great for backpacking - that it would create a cushion between myself and the backpack. But no. It's just a tank top with a lightly padded bra inside, which works for hiking - not running!
Overall I will keep it because the pros really matter to me. I mean, I already have a tank top + lightly padded bra & wide straps I have used for years while hiking, but the problem there is that it's cotton (not ideal for many reasons I'll skip here); as a cotton top it's prone to color fading, and it is just generally a heavy, bulky item that adds weight to my backpack. I'm glad I got this on sale; still feels like way too high a price, but then again anything you could use for ultralight backpacking costs an arm and a leg.
Amazing, but not for me
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: M
I am returning this tank, but I really wish I was keeping it.
- The fabric is amazing and the lilac color is beautiful.
- The cut is pretty and feminine.
- It is a really well thought out piece of clothing.
- Made for women with a larger bust line. I'm a 34 C and got this tank in a M, I think if I had gotten a S it might have fit better around the bust. However, I don't think this would have solved the main issue I had with the top; the elastic support for the built-in bra sits too low to actually support your bust.
- Can't tell if the top is supposed to be a little loose on the body or tight slim fit. When I wore the M, with the bra cups in, it still wasn't enough to fill out the seams in the front and there was a lot of extra fabric there.
I thought the price for the tank top was reasonable since it was supposed to replace both a sports bra and a tank top, but when one of those elements falls short I couldn't justify purchasing the top.
I was hoping more for a running tank with a built-in bra type of fit, but made to withstand backpacking wear and tear.