Shred Ready Zeta Helmet
Select style & size:Select options
- Two Tone Red/Red, Ssale $135.96
- Two Tone Red/Red, Msale $135.96
- Two Tone Red/Red, Lsale $135.96
- Two Tone Blue/Blue, Ssale $94.99
- Two Tone Blue/Blue, Msale $94.99
- Two Tone Blue/Blue, Lsale $94.99
Who says that protection and style don't go hand in hand? Certainly not Shred Ready or their new Zeta Helmet. This stylish paddle helmet not only looks good, but also feels super comfortable and protects your noggin in white waters. Different by design, the Zeta abandons the practice of using two different foams to achieve a balance of soft comfort and hard protection, and instead uses one innovative foam to keep you protected on the water. The foam, designed in tandem with DCLAN technologies, maintains a soft and comfortable feel in its resting state, but transforms when impacted to direct energy away from the user's head. The result is an effective and protective foam that cuts down on bulk without sacrificing performance. Other key design features include a one-hand-adjustable BOA retention system at the back of the head, a new strap configuration for greater overall comfort, and a special brim that reduces glare from shimmering waters.
- Stylish paddle helmet with lots of comfort and protection
- Special foam is soft and comfy at rest and protective when impacted
- BOA adjustment system ensures that your helmet won't bounce around
- Anti-glare brim helps you see better one bright and sunny days
- Temple guards deliver added protection around the side of your head
- Trap configuration is designed for maximum comfort as you paddle
Odd straps that are uncomfortable
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I wanted to like this helmet a lot. It is very cool looking but the strap is set back too far on the helmet. It makes the buckled straps sit just above my adam's apple instead of just behind the chin. If I swallowed, my adam's apple uncomfortably moved up and down against the buckle. I was able to adjust them in a way to semi rectify that, but the slack in the back strap got very loose and odd looking. Too pricey of a helmet to have to just make due. Maybe if you're a gal or don't have a prominent adam's apple like myself this could work better.
I saw some reviews online about the helmet talking about how the straps are a choking hazard. I can see that as the helmet can easily slip off your head because the boa grip tools won't exactly stop it from slipping off when a moderate amount of force is encountered. The straps will then just grip around your neck. I can't say for sure as I never took it out in water as it was just too uncomfortable to begin with.
20 - 22in
(50.8 - 55.9cm)
21 - 23in
(53.3 - 58.4cm)
22 - 24in
(55.9 - 61cm)
23 - 24.8in
(58.4 - 63cm)
21.25 - 24in
(54 - 61cm)
20.5 - 22.75in
(53 - 57.5cm)
- How to Measure:
- Measure around your head where your hat would fit comfortably.