XTR FC-M9100-1 Crankarms - Boost
Why We Like The XTR FC-M9100-1 Crankarms
Certain competitors of Shimano have demonstrated the market's demand for a twelve speed mountain drivetrain, and no wonder: there are seemingly endless options for soaring up every steep, while retaining power-packing options for the flats and steeps. Being the keen observers of the industry they are, then, the company has released the Shimano XTR FC-M9100-1 Crankarms, along with its all-new XTR M9100 12-speed groupset.
The new XTR M9100 crank arms do not deviate enormously from Shimano's consistently-proven formula of hollow-core alloy arms. Of note is the fact that the left-side crank arm is now hollow-bonded, a manufacturing process that saves weight over previous production methods without giving up strength. Where they do shift from older generations is in skipping the familiar spider and ring technology we saw in all preceding years, opting for a direct-mount application that enables the crank to be run as either a one-by or two-by setup. The spindle and arms themselves, without a bottom bracket, weigh a remarkably light 516 grams when paired with a 32-tooth chainring (not included).
The Shimano XTR FC-M9100-1 Crankarms are available from 165mm to 175mm lengths, offering options that cater to the shorter riders. The system is designed specifically for M9100 chainrings, which are available in both one-by and two-by configurations to suit your riding needs. Shimano crafts the crankset with its new 12-speed XTR 9100 groupset in mind, soaring into the new-age in which having a gear for every climb may mean reaching the finish line first. The cross-country minded 9100 version of the M9100 crankset features a 162mm-wide Q-factor — narrower than the 168mm all-mountain M9120 version — which boosts pedaling efficiency for racers, and ads a little extra width over previous 9000-series cranks to expand compatibility to more rides.
- Light and race-hungry cranks to soar to the podium
- HollowTech II cold forged cranks are lightweight, stiff, strong
- XTR M9100 is built for lightweight cross-country racing
- Direct-mount rings allow you to make fast changes with a simple key
- Compatible with both one-by and two-by configurations
- 158mm Q-factor keeps things narrow, sleek, and efficient
- Built to ride with new Shimano 12-speed drivetrain
- Item #SHI00L2
- Arm Material
- cold forged alloy
- Arm Length
- 165mm, 170mm, 175mm
- Bolt Circle Diameter
- Shimano 12s (not included)
- BB Type
- [recommended Pressfit BB] Shimano SM-BB94-41A, [recommended threaded BB] Shimano SM-BB93
- Q Factor
- Claimed Weight
- [170mm, with added 32t ring (not included)] 1lb 2.2oz (516g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
- mountain biking
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.