With sleek lines and stealthy aesthetics, the new Shimano SLX FC-M7000 1x Boost Crankarms step ever closer to their pricier XT and XTR siblings. Now available with a chainline that's been bumped 3mm outward to 53mm, these crankarms pair perfectly with your boost-axle equipped trail rig for efficient power transfer and top-tier aesthetics without breaking the bank.
The crankarms' aluminum construction blends low weight with durability, and Shimano worked to improve longevity with this latest iteration of SLX. It also shaved weight from the bottom bracket, and lessened the seal drag for a more efficient design overall. Shimano significantly raised the bar on what it means to be a workhorse groupset with the SLX overhaul, and we'd imagine yours won't be the only all-new SLX drivetrain you're seeing on the trails pretty soon.
- Significant crankset upgrade doesn't require a wallet drain
- Chainline bumps out 3mm to pair with Boost rear axles
- Clean design looks as good as it functions
- Durable materials promise longevity without bulk
- Compatible with Shimano's 4-Arm chainrings
- Q & A
I am wondering if these cranks will fit my Shimano saint B.B. with a 73mm shell
Reliable and good looking
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Haven't had any issues with it. Works consistently and reliably on my XC bike. I chose to use XT components on my Enduro bike though.