SciCon AeroComfort Sunglasses
Select style & size:Select options
- Frozen Matte/Black-Photochromic Bronze Mirror Lens, One Sizesale $224.98
- Frozen Matte/Red-Photochromic Red Mirror Lens, One Sizesale $224.98
- Frozen Matte/Yellow-Photochromic Silver Mirror Lens, One Sizesale $224.98
If you're already familiar with Scicon, chances are you've heard the word "Aerocomfort" in their bike bag lineup. While the term applies to comforting your trusty steed on air-bound adventures in the cargo pit of a plane, the term does not carry the same meaning in the Scicon AeroComfort Sunglasses. Instead, the AeroComfort Sunglasses combine your personal comfort with advanced aerodynamics and the most technical materials on the market to provide crystal clear vision, thanks to a partnership with Essilor Sun Solution's industry-leading experts who teamed up to create vision resistant to chemicals, sweat, water, grease, and UV rays. Like the AeroTech sunglasses from Scicon, the AreoComfort uses the same frame material and lens material, but rather than the one-piece shield on the Aerotech, the Aerocomfort opts for a two-piece application. They are available in either a standard or XL lens option, with this particular model being the standard, ideal for average sized faces.
Made entirely in Italy, Scicon lays claim to its continued reputation as a market leader from cycling's heartland, and the AeroComfort sunglasses carry on that tradition using a lightweight and durable Grilamid TR90 frame that is highly resistant to breakage, chemical damage, and is completely allergy free. The frame features adjustable Flexi Fit temples that are coated in thermoplastic elastomer to ensure a secure fit on your head, as well as three different sizes of TPE double-click nose pads for a comfortable fit on your face.
What really sets the AeroComfort sunglasses apart from the competition is the photochromic SCN-XT shield lens. While most cycling sunglasses use a polycarbonate lens, the SCN-XT lenses are made of NXT, which is a special polymer originally formulated for the windshields of attack helicopters. The material offers the best possible visibility in all conditions, is highly resistant to scratches and impacts, and offers 100% UV protection. As we mentioned above the lenses are photochromic, darkening their tint in bright sunlight yet going almost clear if conditions are dark or overcast. The lenses also feature a unique interchangeable fender system that allows you to attach either a sprint or regular sized fender for maximum protection in the event of a crash. The fenders are removable should you prefer a half-rim lens with an unobstructed field of view.
- Take to the tarmac, second leg, or trail with tech-packed shades
- Shed grams and boost strength above polycarbonate with SCN-XT lens
- Photochromic lens automatically adjusts to changing light
- Grilamid TR90 frame is light, shatterproof, and allergy-free
- Lens fenders offer increased protection in the event of a crash
- Adjustable Flexi Fit temples for a secure fit around the head
- Double-click nose pads provide a comfortable fit on the face
- Active ventilation allows continuous airflow to prevent fogging