- Detail Images
Light is right.
Designed to fill the gap between your approach shoes and mountaineering boots, the Scarpa Zodiac Tech GTX Men's Mountaineering Boot boasts a versatile design that will make the most of long approaches below treeline, long scrambles up scree-covered alpine environs, and tolerate the occasional front-point action up icy couloirs and across glacial valleys.
The Zodiac Tech is a slightly stiffer version of the Zodiac Plus, making this boot the better option for those who plan on spending more time above treeline on snow and glacial ice. The Gore-Tex membrane ensures waterproof and breathable protection when you are traveling across snowy terrain or water-logged trails, and the durable Perwanger leather upper is naturally water-resistant for added protection against the elements. The boot has a relatively stiff feel thanks to its multi-density PU and EVA midsole, and its heel welt will accept hybrid crampons when you do need to do some glacial travel—although anything more technical than the occasional glacier crossing should be left to a stiffer mountaineering boot like Scarpa's Mont Blanc or Rebel Pro. Whether you're French stepping up snow or ice, the Zodiac's full-wrap rubber rand will protect the boot from wear and tear, and the Sock-Fit Construction will ensure a comfortable fit when you're crossing scree fields or hauling a week's worth of gear back to the trailhead.
- A mountain boot designed specifically for summer alpine ascents
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane
- Water-resistant Perwanger leather upper with rubber rand
- Sock-Fit construction reduces bulk and enhances fit
- Multi-density PU and EVA midsole is cushioning and stiff
- Vibram rubber sole leads the industry in durability
- Compatible with hybrid and strap-on crampons
- Scarpa has been producing reliable mountain boots for over 70 years