- Detail Images
Nothing gets past it.
Built for some of the most demanding adventures in the mountains, the Salomon Men's X Alp 3L Hooded Shell Jacket keeps you moving in total protection. Constructed with a waterproof, breathable Pertex Shield 3-layer fabric, the X Alp acts as an impenetrable defense against rain, sleet, and snow, while still maintaining the breathability necessary to ensure dry comfort as you exert yourself. Zippered underarm vents give you the option for a quick release of excess heat, and the adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs helps you further batten down the hatches when the weather really gets bad. Plus, the extended back coverage provides some extra protection against the wet when you take a seat.
- Exceptionally protective and durable technical shell
- Waterproof, breathable fabric keeps precipitation out
- Regular fit enables easy movement and layering
- Underarm zippered vents let hot air escape quickly
- Multiple zippered pockets safely transport essentials
- Adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs customize protections
- Q & A
Anybody know what the waterproof/breath rating is on this jacket? Salomon website says 20k/32k but that is for a different colors and it sounds way too good?
Hey there Taylor!
Since this jacket just has a Pertex Sheild and that membrane doesn't officially have a claim to its waterproofness breathability, the closest we can say it is around 20k/20k!