- Detail Images
Stability Meets Sensibility.
Between the never-ending steeps and all-too-frequent obstacle, comfort is a rarely used word when running trails. However, the Salomon Women's Sense Pro Max Trail Running Shoe is designed to offer some semblance of ease and repose as you navigate winding switchbacks and talus fields alike. The Sense Pro Max is a stability (proprioception) shoe that's extremely adept at navigating hill bounding, power training, and generic trail runs alike.
As the followup to Salomon's Sense Pro Pulse, the Sense Pro Max features a handful of important changes. To start, the Sense Pro Max weighs in at 8.8oz, rather than the Pro Pulse's 10.6oz, to keep your legs light during long climbs. Additionally, the Sense Pro Max features a more subdued rocker, while the new Opal compound (at the forefoot and heel) reduces vibrations during footstrike and delivers a response ride. Though, in keeping with the original design, the Sense Pro Max is equipped with a dual-density midsole for proper shock attenuation, and an EndoFit and SensiFit upper to provide a next-to-skin fit and feel. Not to mention, the Contagrip outsole maintains traction underfoot for when you're tackling wet or dry conditions.
- A well-cushioned stability shoe for running trails
- Seamless mesh upper is breathable and quick-drying
- Profeel chassis protects feet from errant obstacles
- Sockliner offers passive yet necessary support
- Dual-density midsole attenuates shock
- Opal inserts bolster defense against vibrations
- Lugged outsole maintains grip even on wet terrain
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: 6.5
I bought these for my wife who usually wears a 6.5 in Salomon. Maybe this specific pair was a fluke, but they were a full size too large, and we returned them.