- Detail Images
Since they only weigh five pounds, the Salomon Women's Mtn Explore 88 W Ski is the type of plank you want when you're cruising mountaintops in search of tight couloirs and steep chutes. Its nimble 88mm waist keeps you nimble on the uphill and the down. The MTN Rocker's tip gently rockers above the skin track so you don't faceplant, and there's plenty of camber underfoot to bounce in and out turns when you're carving crud and hardpack.Salomon made the ski surprisingly stiff with woven stringers made of carbon and fiberglass. The oversized PulsePad keeps chatter to a minimum when you're testing out faster speeds. A five point sidecut makes sure your turns flow whether you're cruising down an open apron or maneuvering around questionable sharks.
- Explore backcountry's mountains on this lightweight touring ski
- Nimble 88mm waist excels when the snow feels firmer
- MTN Rocker holds an edge in crud and zipper crust
- Woven carbon and fiberglass amp this ski's stiffness without weight
- Oversized PulsePad reduces vibration in the tip
- Half cap combines durable sidewalls with weight-saving capping