Can you hack it?
There's no secret code to help you shred pow, but the Salomon Hacker S3 Ski Pole certainly won't hurt your chances. It comes with a light and stiff aluminum alloy shaft, powder baskets for deep days, and an easily replaceable S3 Freeski grip. And just in case you take a serious tumble, the S3 strap has a quick release mechanism so that your arms don't get jerked around in ways they're not supposed to.
- Lightweight poles for steep ascents and deep descents
- Aluminum provides reliable stiffness without excess weight
- Freeski grip and strap system for security in the backcountry
- Powder baskets for pointing and planting in powder
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My poles before these were hand-me-downs, so this was a major upgrade for me overall BUT these are also light, durable, and the powder basket makes them great for the days when we're blessed with some extra white fluffy stuff. No complaints so far.
Recommended Ski Pole Sizing
Enter your height in the appropriate box, then hit Calculate to get a general idea of what size poles you need. Personal preference, skiing technique, and differing body types play a big part in pole length.