The Salewa Men's Trektail Hiking Shoe is a lightweight hiker that can handle rigorous approaches to faraway climbing areas. Its Vibram Scrambler sole features self-cleaning lugs to assure traction over loose terrain, scree fields, and pebble-filled trails. Salewa's 3F System strikes a stunning balance between mobile flexibility and the support needed for steep, off-angle terrain. The upper features abrasion-resistant aramid fibers, sturdy suede, breathable mesh, and a rubber rand for rock protection. The Climbing Lace assures a snug fit from the forefoot down to the toe, and the Ortholite footbed provides long-lasting cushioning.
- Technical approach shoe for difficult hikes
- Abrasion-resistant upper with suede and rubber overlays
- Breathable mesh lining provides cool ventilation
- Climbing lace closure assures a snug and secure fit
- Ortholite footbed adds long-lasting cushioning
- 3F System balances between support and flexibility
- Vibram Scrambler sole with self-cleaning lugs
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: 42.5
Very well made with great attention to detail. Comfortable while firm. Shoes come with a second set of laces, nice touch. I found these to run a hair large. Vibram outsole is perfect for many uses.