- Detail Images
Winner, winner—trout for dinner.
Sage may have handcrafted its 4-Piece Accel Fly Rod on Bainbridge Island, here in the USA, but it designed it on water all over the world. In building the Accel, Sage wanted to create a winner, the kind of rod you can count on to haul in the big fish in a variety of conditions, time and time again—man, did it succeed. Sage's Generation 5 design and Konnetic Technology make this medium-fast action rod light and ultra-responsive, allowing you to throw tight loops on big, windy rivers without sacrificing your ability to place delicate presentations on small creeks.
It's available in a wide variety of weights and lengths, meaning you're sure to find an Accel to suit your exact needs. Any model you choose has a gorgeous emerald-colored blank, olive green thread wraps with garnet and black trim wraps, and a snub-nose, half-wells cork handle, so it'll look beautiful hanging on your cabin wall during those winter months (though the river's still flowing in January, so you may never want to put it away). Fuji ceramic stripper guides and hard chromed snake guides and tip-top prove that Sage paid attention to every last detail.
- Medium-fast action
- Emerald-colored rod blank
- Olive green thread wraps with garnet and black trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Snub-nose, half-wells cork handle
- Stealth black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat (rosewood insert on 3-6wt rods)
- Generation 5 technology
- Black rod bag with emerald logo and model tag
- Leaf green ballistic nylon rod tube with divided liner
- Q & A
Perfect Everyday Rod
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Purchased this rod for my girlfriend who loves to fish. It greatly improved her ability on the water and allows her to throw farther, more accurate casts and a variety of flies and streamers. She loves how light the rod is and the responsiveness and feel when casting and fighting fish.