Kairos Fly Rod
The Kairos Fly Rod series from R.L. Winston Rod Co. blends speed with smoothness to create versatile rods that are enjoyable for a wide variety of applications. Its fast action powerfully sends flies over the water and has an extremely short recovery time while the versatile taper helps the Kairos excel across a wide variety of fishing styles. The graphite blanks are lightweight, and have a finish that helps them withstand impact and abrasions. An anodized aluminum reel seat resists corrosion even after saltwater exposure, and the Kairos comes with a triangular, Cordura rod tube to keep it safe when not in use.
- Lightweight rod for freshwater, saltwater, and spey fishing
- Fast action is powerful and recovers quickly
- Graphite finish is impact- and abrasion-resistant
- Versatile tapers handle varied angling applications
- Anodized aluminum reel seat withstands saltwater exposure
- Triangular Cordura tube included for safe travels
warranty replacement - well, upgrade
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My old Winston "Ibis" rod broke unexpectedly (I was pulling on a snag or something) and after paying $110 to process a warranty claim, I received a 3wt Kairos, 8'. It's Montana-made and better looking than the old Ibis, and I have found it to be a pretty versatile rod for dries and dry/dropper fishing in small-ish moving water on Colorado's front range .