- Detail Images
Ready for high tide.
Named after the Khyber trees that thrive in Whistler, the Prior Khyber Snowboard is built to handle the insanely deep days the Pacific Northwest is famous for. Its highly tapered shape and huge rockered nose offer effortless float and eliminate back leg burn when nature delivers the goods.
Its medium flex offers a surfy feel when slashing powder and weaving through trees, but is still stable and responsive when dropping into big, steep faces. Camber underfoot maintains pop and edge hold on windblown slopes or when cruising the groomer back to the lift. So whether you're navigating tight trees or dropping pillows and pointing it down chutes, you're guaranteed a good time when you're on the Khyber.
- Designed for the deepest days on the mountain
- Tapered directional shape offers incredible float
- Medium flex offers balance of stable and surfy
- Camber underfoot offers responsive feel and edge hold
- Rocker tips and tapered shape improve float in powder
- Aspen and poplar core is lightweight and lively
- Sintered base is durable and fast
- Q & A
Prior Khyber 165
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Super fun versatile board. The nose rocker soaks up later day chopped up variable snow conditions and the camber under foot enables it to still carve nicely on groomers . The powder at Mammoth is denser than say Utah or Colorado and the taper on this board allowed it to effortlessly float while riding centered without it having a big floppy nose or swallow/tail.