- Detail Images
As essential as a chamois....
Okay, if you had to choose between the two, you'd probably ride with the chamois, but your hands would certainly be a lot more comfortable if you had POC's Essential DS Glove. It's made of thin, light, breathable, and surprisingly durable materials, with padded EVA over the knuckles to take the impact when you're squeezing between branches. POC made the palm out of stretchy Lycra that also wicks the sweat off, and the thumb has touchscreen compatibility at the tip and a nose wipe at the knuckle; don't get the two mixed up.
- Light, breathable, durable gloves made for downhill mountain biking
- EVA padded knuckles protect against tree branches
- Ventilated palm wicks moisture and stretches for dexterity
- Thumbs feature touchscreen compatibility and nose wipes
- Q & A
Quality glove with lots of feel
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
It doesn't have any padding in the palm which can be a problem when you're using some grips. I use the ESI extra chunky grips so it's fine to not have any padding on the palm. The little pad over the outer knuckles is a nice touch and the extra fabric in the webbing of your thumb and index finger is clutch. They fit pretty true to size and are a quality pair of gloves.