Most triple antenna beacons are suitable for casual backcountry ski tours, but you'll want the best in the business if you're looking at serious mountaineering objectives like Denali, Teton, or multi-day, guided missions. When it comes to Pieps products, the DSP Pro Ice Beacon is undoubtedly the best option for all mountaineering pros who expect serious performance without compromise. Pieps tested this beacon to provide an exact signal ranging at a ridiculous 60-meter receiving range. That means guides and advanced mountaineers will have the best tools Pieps has to offer when the worst happens in high-altitude environments.
Designed to keep things simple and efficient, the Pro Ice has a distance readout, a directional arrow, multiple-burial indicators, and a battery-life display, which provide all the necessary information without cluttering the screen. The Pro Ice is also compatible with the Pieps iProbe to reduce search time even further, particularly in a multiple-burial scenario. Available software updates keep your beacon up-to-date, and it will work with older beacons regardless of the software installed.
- Pieps' top-of-the-line beacon for serious ski mountaineers
- Perfect mark performance with maximum receiving range
- Auto antenna switch and search to send for extra safety
- Extensive self-check and group check functions
- Frequency measurements compatible with TX600 dog beacon
- Integrated inclinometer gives the angle of any slope
- Neoprene pouch with quick-pull system for fast access