- Detail Images
Shoulder seasons in long sleeves.
Classic thermal jerseys like Pearl Izumi's Select Pursuit Thermal Jersey are among our favorite members of the kit drawer. Maybe it's because they correspond with canyon rides under canopies of vivid fall foliage in late October—easily a front-runner in terms of scenery from the saddle—or maybe it's because they're most appropriate for cooler weather that offers a relief from the punishing heat of summer. Either way, we relish shoulder season cycling in long-sleeve thermal jerseys.
The Select Pursuit is Pearl's middle-of-the-road thermal option. It features the same insulation and fit as the high-end Elite Pursuit model, but it's lacking some of the finishing elements that elevate the Elite to top tier. Among these are the latter's lighter sleeves, which provide less protection on their own but make for more optimal layering when using the jersey as a mid-layer in the depths of winter. That makes the Select Pursuit a better choice for cyclists who are serious enough that they want a form fit but hang up the wheels when temps dip below 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Enjoy cool rides in changing foliage with this thermal jersey
- Lightly brushed fabric traps body heat on fall and spring rides
- Maintains breathability so you don't suffer in a clammy chill
- Pearl's form fit is for athletic builds and serious cyclists
- Full-length zipper with draft flap to seal out breezes
- Three rear pockets stow fuel and ride essentials
- Reflective details help keep you seen on ever-shortening days