Bring on the rain.
From Pike Place Market to the Olympic Peninsula, you can expect two things: lots and lots of rain. But with the Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Parka, you're sure to get lightweight weather protection for any urban or backcountry environment. Built with a H2No Performance Standard 2.5-layer shell, this waterproof, yet breathable jacket protects against drenching rain without the risk of overheating. A durable water repellent finish increases the jacket's water resistance. An attached hood with built-in laminated visor offers 2-way adjustability for a personalized fit. The 2-way center-front zipper features both an internal and external storm flap for added protection from moisture. A variety of pockets let you stash your phone and other gear, so you'll be ready for anything your environment throws at you.
- A lightweight rain parka for urban or backcountry environments
- H2No shell is waterproof and breathable
- Internal and external storm flaps for added protection
- Attached hood offers 2-way adjustability
- Adjustable, partially elasticized cuffs with snap buttons
- Adjustable, internal drawcord at waist seals out wind and precipitation
- Thigh length with a regular fit for extra protection
- Q & A
Great fit! Carbon is Green NOT Black!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I initially bought this jacket in color Carbon thinking it would be black (like Coal or something...), but in patagonia land, Carbon means dark green.
Anyhow, eventually found it on Backcountry in black size medium and I'm very happy with it as an around-town jacket on soggy days. Really like the extra length as it keeps my pockets and crotch area from getting soaked in a down pour. The best part about this jacket (like everything from Patagonia) is the fit. I'm a tall skinny dude with long arms and this baby fits me perfectly with just the right sleeve length (I measure in at 35" sleeves).
Narrow is the new regular
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
This is a nice coat, though I did return it.
This coat runs narrow as is the trend with much of Patagonia's current line. I have broad shoulders and even the XL which I ordered was too tight for comfort. There was plenty of room in the rest of the jacket but the chest/shoulders run narrow.