- Detail Images
The rain. Prime for rain or shine.
Built for wearing under your waders or on their own, Patagonia's Shelled Insulator Softshell Men's Pants are built for early morning missions to your favorite fishing spot. The durable 3-layer softshell fabric assures you'll stay protected from the cold water lapping at your ankles, and if it gets rainy while you're out, the DWR treatment will have your back and send those raindrops beading. Plus, in the odd case that the sun comes out, the Insulator is certified to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, so you have no excuse not to get out on the river.
- Softshell pants for fishing cold waters in cool weather
- Three-layer softshell body blocks wind and retains heat
- DWR finish resists moisture and light precipitation
- UPF rating keeps your skin protected from harmful UV rays
- Hand and rear zippered pockets for keys, pliers, and light tackle
- Q & A
Winter steelhead, here I come...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
I've got 1st gen version of these pants in gray knocking around in my fly fishing gear closet. For those cold weather trips up north to chase steel, these work really well. On bitter cold days I layer long underwear under the softshell pant--the pant is cut plenty big to take biker/skier legs with a layer underneath (skinny jean look they are NOT). And with normal pant like look/cut/pockets etc. you can go to breakfast in these, fish all day with them under waders, and then shed waders and head out for food and refreshments at night and tell tales of the one that got away...