R1 Lite Yulex Vest
If you thought a great thing couldn't get even better, you don't know Patagonia very well. The Women's R1 Lite Yulex Vest replaces traditional neoprene with bio-based Yulex rubber, and in 2019 the formula has been re-engineered to be even softer, even stretchier, and ever comfier. This revolutionary breakthrough in wetsuit design retains the performance capabilities and warmth of a traditional wetsuit, but without the toxic chemicals and petroleum intensive methods of neoprene wetsuit production. Patagonia claims an astounding 80% reduction in CO2 emissions from replacing neoprene with natural Yulex rubber.
This 1.5-millimeter wetsuit vest adds a touch of extra warmth during chilly mornings and breezy conditions. It's rated for water temperatures ranging from 65 to 75-degrees, making it a great addition to your warm water arsenal. The pullover design maximizes flexibility when you're paddling out into the line-up and dropping into peeling point breaks. Smooth flatlock seams won't chafe or irritate sensitive skin. Also, there's a rubberized waist gasket that keeps water from seeping inside and chilling your core.
- A wetsuit vest adds core warmth to the breezy summer surf
- Sustainable Yulex delivers lightweight stretch and performance
- Polyester lining encourages quick-drying comfort
- Flatlocked construction eliminates irksome hot spots and chafing
- Easy entry and exit provided by the 3/4-length zipper
- Patagonia has been creating responsible products since 1973
- Item #PAT02W0
- Responsible Collection
- Certified B-Corp, Recycled/Repurposed, Responsibly Sourced
- [body] 85% natural rubber, 15% synthetic rubber, [lining] 100% recycled polyester, [exterior face] 88% recycled polyester, 12% spandex
- Water Temp
- 65 - 75F
- 3/4-length front
- Seam Construction
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
3 based on 1 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
March 28, 2021
- I returned this product before using it
I wanted this vest last year but they ran out of my size, so I jumped on it this year. I read all the reviews on Patagonia and knew it ran really small. Like really small. I am usually a size S in Patagonia products for jackets and swimwear, but based on reviews, I ordered a 10. The size was right, but it was still incredibly hard to get off. It would benefit from a full zipper. If you are strong and flexible, it may work for you. If you are afraid of being laughed at while you struggle to get out of your vest, probably not.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com