Winter’s first snowfall incites a childlike frenzy of embarrassing impatience and greed that can only be satisfied with one thing: more snow. The designers of Patagonia’s PowSlayer Jacket are right there with you. From the 3-layer Gore-Tex shell to the essentials-only, no-frills design, the PowSlayer was made to get first tracks all season long.
The eco-friendly recycled face fabric is deceptively heavy duty and can take an accidental brush with a tree branch when you’re skiing behind your friend that can’t stand to stay on designated trails. Plus, on top of the already waterproof nature of Gore-Tex, the PowSlayer’s outer shell is also treated with DWR to easily brush off the fattest of snowflakes and withstand the soggiest of spring storms. Underarm zips release steam when your boot packing your way to the top, and the athletic fit leaves ample room for layering in single digit weather so no summit has to be left unconquered.
- Make the most of your next powder day with this jacket
- Eco-friendly face fabric made entirely from recycled material
- Lightweight, breathable Gore-Tex Pro protects from wet snow
- DWR finish makes the biggest snowflakes roll of face fabric
- Helmet-compatible hood delivers added coverage during storms
- Zippers are watertight and durable to keep contents dry
- Powder skirt attaches to any compatible Patagonia snow pants
- Patagonia is committed to producing sustainable outerwear
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I bought this for my wife as her first jacket now that she lives in Utah. She loves that the jacket is not only cute, but provides a lot of pockets for her to store stuff in. It's not only warm (based on layering), but keeps her dry as well! She normally wears a small and this fit true to size.