The war between staying organized and cutting weight has been raging inside your backpack (and probably inside your head) for years, but the Outdoor Research Ultralight-Synthetic Backpackers Kit gives you three sturdy organizing bags that separate your gear without weighing you down. It's a clean way to increase packability and accessibility, and it adds less than five ounces to your pack.
- Ultralight compression sack turns random clothing into a small, packable shape that fits easily inside your pack
- Ultralight stuff sack keeps small items like beanies, socks, and together and easy to access
- Mesh ditty sack holds small items and is especially great for things that need to air out before you pack them like wet mesh kit items and damp socks
- PVC-free materials are easier on the environment
- Q & A
Perfect setup for backpacking
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I'm a big fan of organization and this is the perfect set of stuff sacks for me! The compression sack fits my REI (I know I know) Lumen 25 deg synthetic bag easily and compresses it down to about an 8 inch sphere that tucks easily into the bottom of my pack. The remaining sack is great for keeping clothes or food organized, and the mesh sack I actually use when I'm traveling/flying to organize small items like cords and whatnot in my suitcase.
Great kit if you like to be organized.