It comes as a shocker to most.
Most backcountry skiers get the revelation that skinning is seriously difficult during their first tour. They also end up getting a ski shell like the Outdoor Research Women's Revelation GTX Jacket shortly thereafter. Not only does it offer Gore-Tex's waterproof protection you want when there isn't a lodge at the bottom of the hill to retreat to, but its three-layer construction is light and packable for better convenience on the skin track. If it starts to snow on the track, you can pull this jacket out of its pack, zip it on, and unzip the underarm vents for much-needed airflow during the ascent. Unlike most ski jackets, the Revelation also features stretchy fabric to ensure freedom of movement whether you're using an axe on a steep ascent, or enjoying the steep descent.
- Ski jacket optimized for backcountry and mountaineering
- Light, packable three-layer construction with Gore-Tex
- Stretchy fabrication ensures freedom of movement
- Long zippers under each arm amplify ventilation
- Adjustments at hood, cuffs, and hem secure coverage