From Big Sky to the Big Apple.
Underneath its urban-inspired veneer, the outdoor Research Men's Ketchum Insulated Parka boasts legit technical features, so it can handle everything from bar-hopping in ski towns on frigid winter nights to blustery autumn hikes in the mountains. Pertex Endurance fabric keeps wind and snow at bay, and it has a matte appearance for understated style. High-Loft Thermore Classic insulation helps you stay toasty when temps plunge below freezing. And when the wind dies down and the sun pops back out, you can leave the hood at home to keep things light.
- Urban style with technical performance
- Durable wind- and water-resistant shell
- Lightweight, yet warm high-loft insulation
- Hood is adjustable and removable
- Brushed tricot-lined collar and pockets for cozy feel
- Internal and external stormflaps keep gusts out
- Multiple pockets for storage options
- Internal stretch cuffs and drawcord hem hold in heat
- Q & A
Is this jacket warmer or the Outdoor Research WhiteFish down jacket? How does this compare to that jacket, beside the down difference they seem exactly the same.
Jason - I would say the White Fish is warmer. The aesthetic of the White Fish is more woodsy, and the Ketchum feels a bit more urban. The White Fish is lighter, and the Ketchum is a bit longer. Hope that helps. Both great items!