- Detail Images
Balances load carry and comfort during extended backcountry trips.
The Osprey Women's Xena 85 Backpack lets you pack all of your week-long backpacking essentials and then some. This beefy, spacious backpack features a women-specific BioForm CM hip-belt and harness that offers ladies a customized, comfortable fit while balancing firmness and cushioning for optimal carry as you hike down into the Grand Canyon or take on the Tahoe Rim Trail.
- Women-specific BioForm CM hip-belt balances firmness and cushioning for optimal carry while the women-specific BioForm harness with Neospacer fabric offers a comfortable fit during your backpacking expeditions
- BioForm CM hip-belt can be heat-molded at any authorized Osprey dealer for a customized fit
- LightWireHD peripheral frame effectively transfers load to the hip-belt
- Reversed spacer mesh backpanel supplies a smooth, breathable contact surface
- Single 6061-T6 center stay maintains the backpanel shape
- Choose between the XS, S, and M sizes (4699-5187cubic inches) to store and support all of your gear during an intense ten-day trip in the Teton mountain range
- Large top area and two curved side zips offer wide, easy access to the main compartment
- Dual-compartment top lid converts to a lumbar pack with built-in belt for short excursions from camp
- Durable materials and construction ensure a solid pack that lasts season after season
- External hydration sleeve in backpanel simplifies refilling and protects pack contents from spills (hydration bladder not included)
- Two roomy front pockets with coated zippers help keep often-needed items handy
- Stretch mesh front pocket quickly stashes your gear
- Zippered hip-belt pockets provide secure storage
- Dual-access stretch mesh side pockets for convenience
- Dual side compression straps help to balance the load
- Removable sleeping pad straps, two ice axe loops and handle wraps, and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment help to keep your gear organized and securely in place
- Q & A
Couldn't Be Happier
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I am so incredibly stoked on this pack! Broke her in during a 25 mile trip in the Uintas. Unfortunately, I hadn't adjusted the straps and such quite right initially so I was a bit sore in the wrong places. Once I adjusted the shoulder harness a bit (which is awesome that this pack has the ability to do so), the fit was perfect. The following weekend, my 18 miles in Zion were a sore free breeze. The pockets are great and very accessible. The hip pockets are especially great since they fit everything I need while on the trail - snacks, phone, GoPro, sunscreen, etc. I would 100% recommend this pack to other ladies crushin' it on the trail.
Xena pack - the perfect backpacking gift
I got this pack for a good friend, this is what she had to say!
I work as a backpacking instructor for NOLS, and I need a pack that can withstand longterm off and on trail travel carrying heavy loads. The Osprey Xena 85 lived up to its reputation on my 18 day course in the Beaverhead Mountains this summer. In addition to being comfortable with heavy loads, the various pockets help keep gear organized and accessible. The only complaint I have with this pack is minor: when your pack is full it presses a full hydration bladder into your back in a way that is noticeable. It's not really uncomfortable, just a little annoying, but it encourages you to drink your water! Overall, if you are looking for a pack that will allow you to take extended backcountry trips without frequent resupplies, the Osprey Xena 85 is an excellent option.
Great pack that will last a lifetime
This is a great pack that my girl just picked up and she loves it. The quality of all Osprey packs are matched by no one. If you are looking to pick up a pack from us, contact me directly and I can see what personal promo I can give you for your order. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!
Excellent Backpacking Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Ultra comfortable, excellent components, great details, and durable material - sent this on numerous planes, trains, and cars, as well as trekking in the mountains for 2 weeks in Peru and it was ideal for carrying the load - 60lbs plus. Great fit, lots of adjustments, and well-placed padding to protect the body on long days. It couldn't have performed any better. See photos below.
Removable Lid in Machu Pichhu Peru- Xena
Using the the removable lid to the pack to carry light items through the ruins of Machu Picchu while hiking its surrounding areas.
Xena on a steep jungle ascent, Peru
Climbing down from 16,000ft and then back up through the jungle with the Xena handling the load perfectly. Peru/Nov 2014
Xena on Salkantay Trek
Last stop of the mountain trek in Aguas Calientes
how do i order this pack with a different...
how do i order this pack with a different size hip belt as it mentions on the osprey website...
Osprey does not send us spare hip belts but if you need a different size than what we ship then Osprey will be happy to swap that out for you.
Usually this is the pack we send women packing with on our trips and from our rental shop. It's a well built and sturdy material that will last you as long as you take care of it. Osprey is now the only brand I trust!