- Detail Images
Whether you're backcountry touring or alpine climbing, the Ortovox Men's 3L Ortler Jacket has the uncompromising blend of heavyweight weather protection and lightweight packability that will put a smile on any alpinist's face when there's a storm dumping snow overhead. Its waterproof rating is on par with some of the finest ski jackets out there, and the breathability rating is even better than that. The result is a jacket that can keep you comfy on sweaty ascents and comfortably dry and powdery descents. A three-layer construction keeps this jacket's weight under a pound, and it packs down small since nobody has extra space in backpacks. There are also underarm vents and mesh inserts made of merino wool to enhance temperature regulation and create an altogether comfier microclimate inside.
- Ultralight alpine jacket for backcountry touring and climbing
- Enhanced waterproofing made for extreme conditions
- Advanced breathability keeps you comfy on the ascent
- Three-layer construction keeps this jacket light and packable
- Zippered underarm ventilation assures ample airflow
- Merino mesh inserts enhance temperature regulation
- Q & A
A Simple Pleasure
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
Although bright and flashy, what impresses with this jacket is it's simplicity. Light, yet tough. Warm when u need it, cools quick and can easily be layered or worn alone. The price seems customer oriented in that you get exactly what you pay for. I love it more everyday in each environment I expose it to.