For pillaging the stash.
Fully outfitted, yet slim enough to play nice with the chairlift, the Mystery Ranch women's Saddle Peak Pack is an excellent option for tackling big backcountry tours — or feasting on fresh tracks in-bounds. A super-sturdy combination of tough nylon and CORDURA take the abuse from your ski edges — secured in place by diagonal ski- or vertical board-carry options. The specially designed avi pocket yields quick access to your shovel and probe in case of emergency, and the whistled sternum further enables you to sound the alarm if things head south. And because the folks at Mystery Ranch want you to be happy, they included a rear-access back-panel zipper for getting into your gear without needing a total de-rig halfway up the bootpack.
- A burly 21L pack for backcountry touring and in-bounds pow days
- Diagonal ski- and vertical board-carry for hauling your planks
- Whistled sternum strap lets you raise alarm in an emergency
- Tough 500D nylon wears well and resists sharp ski-edge abrasion
- Streamlined avi-pocket stores and organizes shovel and probe
- Zipper to main compartment is laminated for water protection
- Back-panel zip lets you access main stow without de-rigging skis
- Q & A
This backpack is the best backpack you will ever buy. Perfect for a day out on the slopes. More of a skiers pack than a boarders. But I live a couple miles from the mystery ranch facility, and bozeman-ites love there local packs. I would advise anyone who wants to go ski the gnar stay away from saddle peak or at least go with someone who knows it. Because you will die.
Can you fit a helmet into this pack? Or is there some way to easily attach a helmet while boot packing or skinning?