Snack Pockets and Climbing Features Abound.
In your humble opinion, alpine climbing is a unique and effective way to go about having a picnic atop a mountain. After all, there's no better way to nosh on that homemade elk salami and smoked salmon bits than to haul it up in your Mystery Ranch Pitch 40 Backpack and soak in the views after a long, arduous climb.
Don't let the initial commentary lead you astray and deceive you into thinking that the Pitch 40 is simply a glorified snack pocket—it's also a mountain-climbing, summit-bagging machine. The Pitch 40 features multiple external lash points that accommodate your ice tools, helmet, and crampons, making it ideal for alpine or ice climbing. Plus, an internal lash point doubles as either a point of attachment for your rack or hydration system to double this pack's versatility and adaptability.
The durable haul loops offer on-the-fly maneuverability and a three-point attachment system allows you to secure a rope to the pack. The fully integrated frame system is lightweight, yet stable and supportive, ensuring a comfortable carry when you've maxed out your personal preference for carrying capacity. Not to mention, a removable waist belt offers added mobility for comfort and ease when your climbing adventure takes you to a slightly larger (read: big wall) endeavor. The wide roll-top closure and water-resistant treatment fends off errant moisture and safeguard not only your gear, but those delicious snacks you're waiting to chow down on at the summit.
- A hardy mission pack for climbing or hiking
- 2563 cubic inches of space for extra gear and salami snacks
- Roll-top closure and water-resistant treatment
- External ice tool, rope, and helmet carry straps
- Removable waist belt offers added mobility during vertical pursuits
- Integrated frame system provides support and stability
- Mystery Ranch has four decades worth of pack design experience