Movement GO 98 TI Ski
- 162cm, 170cm, 178cm, 186cm
- [162cm] 123 / 98 / 111mm [170cm] 125 / 98 / 113mm [178cm] 126 / 98 / 114mm [186cm] 128 / 98 / 116mm
- Turn Radius:
- [162cm] 18.5m [170cm] 19.5m [178cm] 20.5m [186cm] 21.5m
- early rise rockered tip, camber underfoot
- karuba wood
- Vibration Absorber Tech, Ti Power Plates
- P-Tex 4000 (sintered)
- Claimed Weight:
- [162cm] 3lb 1oz [170cm] 3lb 4oz [178cm] 3lb 6oz [186cm] 3lb 9oz
- Recommended Use:
- backcountry skiing, freeride/powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty:
- limited 2 years
Why We Like The GO 98 TI Ski
The snow can be soft or firm, the line can be accessed by skin or chairlift, and the Movement GO 98 Ti Ski is still our go-to stick for any outing of the season. It'd certainly make a great single-quiver ski for freeriding the backcountry or enjoying all-mountain at the resort. We enjoy its balance of floatability and edge control for powdery or icy conditions. It's also surprisingly light for how stiff it flexes, keeping us light on our feet for uphill travel, and still letting us lay down some heavy tracks.
- The most versatile touring ski in Movement's freeride series
- 98mm waist performs equally well on firm and soft snow alike
- Rockered tip rises early to navigate soft snow easily
- Camber underfoot bounces you in and out of turns
- Poppy poplar wood core with Ti Power Plates for maximum stiffness
- Vibration Absorber Tech keeps chatter to a minimum at high speeds
- Alpine Edges sandwiched underfoot for rigidity and durability
Recommended Sizing Guide
Your ski size is largely determined by both your skiing ability and your preferred style of skiing. For example, an expert skier in Vermont will ski a far different ski than an expert in British Columbia. So take a look at our chart and explanations and find your perfect fit. Your weight also plays a large factor in finding the right ski. If you are either under or over average weight for your height consider downsizing or upsizing, respectively.
|Big-Mountain Freeride||Backcountry Jib||All-Mountain||Park & Pipe||All-Mountain Carve|
|Pro||180 - 200cm||180 - 190cm||180 - 190cm||175 - 185cm||175 - 185cm|
|Expert||170 - 180cm||175 - 185cm||170 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||170 - 185cm|
|Intermediate||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 180cm||160 - 175cm|
|Entry Level||N/A||N/A||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm||150 - 170cm|
SKILL LEVEL EXPLANATIONS
Pro: Excels on any terrain, on any snow condition. Enjoys high speeds.
Expert: Comfortable on any terrain and most snow conditions.
Intermediate: Comfortable on Blue trails, exploring Black trails.
Entry Level: Learning to ski Green and Blue trails.
SKIING STYLE EXPLANATIONS
Big-Mountain Freeride: High speeds, deep powder, steep lines, straightlining, chutes, cliffs.
Backcountry Jib: Backcountry kickers, hucking, twintips, deep powder.
All-Mountain: From bumps to back bowls, groomers to glades; everything and anywhere on the mountain.
Park & Pipe: De-tuned edges and buttery twin tips, occasionally pole-impaired.
All-Mountain Carve: Stiff. High-speed corduroy cutter. For those blind to SLOW signs.