- Detail Images
Exploration through the lens.
Diving into the great outdoors brings you to some of the most outstanding experiences that one can encounter, but there's no doubt that it can also put the hurt on your body, and your gear — none know this more than Chris Burkard, which makes it no surprise that he teamed up with Mountainsmith to craft the perfect pack for carrying camera gear to remote destinations. The Tanuck 40L Camera Backpack does its best to help with both alleviating the hurt on both. From the TAN line — short for Tough As Nails, this pack is ready for just about any adventure ahead, whether trekking across Iceland's barren wilderness, or lapping the park to get the perfect shot.
The Tanuk is built to stand on its own, with rugged polyurethane bottom for waterproof protection, and burly water-resistant Cordura construction that stands up to the elements. It features copious pockets for stashing tripods, lenses, and gear, with one large main compartment ideal for packing in a camera. The pack is accessible from the front or top, with a removable lid that doubles as a camera pouch when secured to the shoulder straps, so you can keep your camera covered while you hike, without losing out on an opportunity for a quick snap of a big horn sheep across the ravine. To add a little extra security to the pack its recommended that you pair it with some of Mountainsmith's TAN series kit cubes, which offer custom carrying and padded compartments to keep spare lenses, backup batteries, and cameras safe during the adventure.
- A versatile and ultra-secure pack for through-the-lens adventure
- Durable construction with water resistant tech
- Multiple waterproof pockets for memory cards and batteries
- Large main pocket pairs well with TAN series kit cubes
- Lid disconnects for use as front camera pouch on hikes
- External pockets and straps for securing tripods and gear
- Hydration bladder compatible with internal sleeve and port