Stuff the Mountainsmith Scream 20L Backpack inside your 60L pack, and when you get to the spot where you're setting up camp for the next few days you can pull it out for exploration purposes. This tidy little day pack is super light, and its compressible design means it fits in small places. Its shoulder straps are even designed to tuck away for convenient packing purposes, and the reinforced haul handle makes it easy to transport by hand if needed. When you're just roaming the alpine valleys in a ten mile radius around your tent, it holds more than enough room for your lunch, camera, and a rain shell.
- Compressible day pack for short hikes away from camp
- 19L capacity perfect for layers, lunch, and water
- Strong, durable construction for years of adventure
- Two-way zippered front panel offers quick access
- Back panel sleeve can be used to hold a hydration bladder
- Roll-top closure allows for easy packing on longer trips
- Q & A
Fine but straps come off constantly
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
While the shoulder straps being removable makes it convenient to travel with this bag inside another bag, they come out of the hooks on the bottom constantly, meaning that you put your bag down and when you pick it back up it's not a backpack anymore. This happens multiple times a day. The straps are also optimized for packability rather than comfort, so with anything more than 10 lbs they are fairly uncomfortable. Wouldn't purchase again.