Lightweight and robust.
When you want maximum versatility from a small and lightweight package, reach for the Mountain Hardwear Superforma Jacket. Made with Mountain Hardwear's AirPerm 20-denier stretch ripstop nylon, this jacket offers maximum breathability and wicks moisture away from you. And with a 3-layer construction, the Superfoma has no problems cutting through wind and shedding water with ease.
Lightweight and packable aren't words often paired with a snow jacket, but you'll find the Superforma captures both of these characteristics in its lightweight design. The lack of weight doesn't mean lack of technical features, and the shell still comes geared up with extra-long underarm zips for dumping heat, a RECCO reflector for avalanche safety, a helmet-compatible hood, and ample pocket space. Perfect on its own for toasty spring skiing, this shell will be happy to provide you with the coverage you need whether it's from intense UV rays or whipping winds sending snow sideways.
- A lightweight shell to slice through winter storms
- Three-layer shell slices through wind and snow
- Moisture-wicking AirPerm fabric breathes with ease
- Extra-long underarm vents prevent overheating
- Helmet-compatible hood seals out whipping winds
- Built-in reflector may help RECCO-equipped ski patrol locate you in event of an emergency
- Q & A
all mountain shell
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
This shell gets an 11/10! It fits perfect and has all the bells and whistles you could ever want. The tech specs are spot on. Love the accessory pockets and the hood is great. The seams are barely visible. I really like the suppleness of the material. It won’t get stiff when it is really cold.