- Detail Images
It's always a good idea to keep a down jacket in your pack for those times you find yourself belaying on a windy ledge, ripping skins on a cold ridgeline, or just getting gear ready in camp. And while down jackets are a great insulator when you're standing still, they aren't the best jackets to wear when you're on the move. The Mountain Hardwear Women's Stretchdown RS Down Jacket combines the lightweight insulating properties of down with just a touch of stretch to help keep things comfortable when you're on the move. The jacket is made with Mountain Hardwear's lightweight and wear-resistant Ghost Lite fabric to save weight, without compromising durability, while the welded-channel construction between the baffles enhances stretch and increases the overall durability of the jacket. The Q.Shield hydrophobic treatment protects the down fill from clumping and losing insulating properties if it happens to get wet.
- Insulating layer ideal for alpine climbing and backcountry touring
- Q.Shield treated down is light, compressible, and water-resistant
- Ghost Lite fabric is lightweight and resistant to wear
- Welded-channel construction increases durability and adds stretch
- Secure pockets store small essentials
- Alpine fit is tailored through the body for easy layering